Saturday, January 2, 2016


Talking Thai, Not Turkey

Today we leave for a three month expedition to Thailand. My son Wayne and his wife Kelly and our grandkids Sawyer and Helen moved there on a two year teaching contract this past July. We have let them get settled for four months and are now heading to the Land of Smiles ourselves until the end of February. Not only a great chance to visit family, but also to escape three months of Calgary winter!

We have rented a small apartment in the south end of Bangkok, near Wayne and Kelly’s apartment and close to the Berkley International School where they both teach and the kids go to school. I expect that it will be a very different kind of adventure for us and we are anxious to give it a try. 

From thousands of applicants, you have been selected to receive regular blog updates on our experiences, observations and misadventures. Should you be far to busy to bother with reading my mindless drivel, either just ignore my emails or let me know and I will remove your address from the imposition. I will not be offended.


After an hour flight to Vancouver, a twelve hour flight to Taipei, a four hour flight to Bangkok and probably two days to catch up on sleep and jet lag you will probably be subjected to a blog entry sometimes next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment